Surplus shelters are like a box of chocolates… you never know what you’re going to get. Finding a surplus hut that meets your size requirements is like finding a penny face up. But what’s inside and the repairs, refurbishment, retrofitting that needs to happen is unique to each shelter. Read on to find out what our used shelter experts suggest when looking for a surplus option and what is commonly seen when you look inside.
What to Know Before Hut Hunting
- Being flexible on shelter size and layout can cut down on lead time.
- Being open to both new and used options can also save you time and money.
- Water damage is common and can often be repaired by an experienced team.
- Don’t let the shelter’s current condition deter you. Shelters can be refurbished and restored by shelter restoration crews.
- Shelter purchases don’t just stop at the hut, know your desired compound layout and the civil requirements needed to prep for shelter delivery.
Typical Surplus Shelter Finds
The following are the most common things that need repaired or refurbished after you find that perfect surplus option.
- Most used shelters should have an HVAC inspection done to determine if new units are needed.
- Roof Coating application is very common and needed in most cases.
- Sealing the exterior seams to prevent water entry can help protect your investment. Capping entry ports can also prevent further damage.
Mama Always Said...BDC is the Partner You Need
BDC Group, Inc provides surplus shelters in a variety of sizes and have crews dedicated to complete full restoration services for your surplus hut to meet the individual requirements for your project. Our restored shelters undergo rigorous inspection and specific maintenance services to keep your vital telecommunications equipment protected and running 24/7/365, avoiding any unnecessary down time. BDC Group also provides unique turn-key solutions to assist you with design, customization, construction, site preparation and installation, so that we can be your one stop contractor for all your broadband and wireless needs.