Last week we discussed the importance of having a good backup power option for immediate deployment when natural disasters like hurricanes strike. With Hurricane Florence hitting the Carolinas over the weekend, it became clear why that is important.
September 18, 2018
September 11, 2018
Although hurricane season officially began in June for those in the United States, storms actually making landfall in one season isn't always a guarantee. That all changed last year when a record four hurricanes made landfall in one season, the first time that has happened in the U.S. since 2005. (1)
December 19, 2017
The telecom industry is no exception and it could be argued that telecom terms have a language all their own. The amount of terms, acronyms and abbreviations that have been created in telecom alone is worth exploring.
Wireless and Broadband TermsMany of these terms are common among wireless and broadband companies.
A few examples include:
- CLEC (Competitive Local Exchange Carrier): A telecommunications provider or carrier that is in competition with already established carriers.
- ILEC (Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier): A telecommunications provider or carrier that held the reginal monopoly before the market became competitive with The Telecommunications Act of 1996.
- LTE (Long Term Evolution): A broadband access technology that enhances the ability of mobile users to access larger amounts of data.
- Central Office (CO): Windowless building that houses the switching equipment that connects one telephone line with another line or routes the connection to another central office for connections that need to travel long distance.
- 4G/5G (Fourth Generation/Fifth Generation): Refers to the different generations that wireless capabilities have transitioned through. With each generation comes technology advancements that allow users to access more information and services on devices at faster speeds. Can be enhanced by LTE.
December 12, 2017
If you've been paying attention to news headlines the last few weeks, you are probably aware of the wildfires in southern California that have been wreaking havoc over the area.
According to the Los Angeles Times, the wildfires are now the fifth largest in modern California history (1) and have scorched 230,000 acres of land as of mid-December.
CNN is also reporting that 1,000 structures have been destroyed as well (2), with the blaze now being described as larger than New York City with only about 20% of it contained.
August 31, 2017
As telecom companies prepare the audit process to begin upgrading existing network infrastructure currently in the field, it's safe to say that one very important aspect of that process involves protection.
Any sort of network upgrade is an investment and while the end goal is to increase bandwidth and expand existing routes, protecting the vital equipment at your regeneration site is extremely vital.
This is where a fiber optic cabinet comes into play, providing long-lasting protection for components such as wiring, DC equipment, batteries, alarming kits and fiber optic cable.
August 29, 2017
Telecom companies are currently faced with problems caused by advancement in technology and changes to the industry.
August 21, 2017
New or used telecom cabinets are essential for the protection of vital communications components. These types of components can include wiring, cables, batteries and fiber optics equipment.
Upgrading Your Infrastructure
Telecom cabinets are ideal for either indoor or outdoor site builds. With a lightweight design, it provides easy accessibility for installation and routine maintenance of telecom networks. When a business is looking to make the jump to upgrade, cabinets are very affordable and leave the option for easy expansion options.